Updated Evaluations Times
Updated Monday August 14, 2017 by MSL.
UPDATED EVALUATION TIMES
Evaluations will be held Monday, August 14th, 2017 at Palmer Park Westco Softball Fields.
1) Schedule for Evaluations:
- 5:45 PM - 6U and 8U Parent Meeting - Shaded area near concessions
- 6:00 PM - 6U and 8U Evaluations – Field 4
- 6:45 PM - 10U and 12U Parent Meeting - Shaded area near concessions
- 7:00 PM - 10U and 12U Evaluations – Field 4
- Pitcher and Catcher evaluations afterward on Field 4
2) Evaluation Notes:
- Parents – PLEASE BRING WATER FOR YOUR PLAYER. It will likely be hot.
- Coaches and Parents, if possible, please arrive 15-20 minutes early to allow the girls time to warm up.
- If we finish an age division early, we will just move into the next group ASAP.
- 6U and 8U will warm up on Field 4.
- 10U and 12U will warm up on Field 3.
- The girls will line up for evaluations near the 1st base dugout on field 4.
- For 10U and 12U, Evaluations for girls who want to pitch or catch will be held on Field 4 immediately following the evaluations.
- We will place girls that want to pitch or catch in the front of the lines for their age group so that pitchers can warm up, and catchers can put on gear.
- Remember, evaluations do not determine if your child makes a team. All girls will be placed on a team. Evaluations help ensure that teams are of similar talent levels.
- If your child does not attend, she will be blind drawn. (literally, name in a hat)
- All girls should have an email from coaches no later than Thursday night, August 3rd.
3) Concessions will be open for drinks and snack items.
4) How to get there:
- (A street map locating Palmer Park, and a map of fields at the park are available on our website under Field Locations.)
5) Dont forget:
We will also have a Swap Meet during evaluations this year. Feel free to bring gloves, cleats, helmets or bats you no longer use. Parents, if this is your daughter's first time, we may have some used equipment you can use. For parents who have been around, the swap meet is a great way to clean out the garage!
If you are in need of a helmet, we have many used helmets, in good shape, in the equipment room.
Please let someone know when you arrive and we can offer you a helmet.
5) ***WE STILL NEED COACHES. :)
The website has been updated with all coaching requirements. If you are coaching and have not completed the back ground check or training, I need that completed ASAP. You will not be allowed to practice until that is turned in.
This article has No Comments.
You must be a member of the League and logged in to
post comments. Login here.