Pitching and Catching ClinicsUpdated Thursday February 28, 2019 by MSL.
- Registration ( $75 ) is open through March 8th, 2018.
Pitching Clinic - Instructor Coach Courtney Smith
- Duration 60 mins - 6 Weeks
- 1:00 pm - March 10th, 24th, 31st, April 7th, 14th, 21st
- Location Coachataclick Performance Lab, 212 Export Circle, Huntsville, AL 35806
Catcher Clinic - Instructor Coach Lyjah Heddy
- Duration 60 mins - 4 Weeks ( max 6 participants )
- 4:30 pm - March 10th, 24th, 31st, April 7th
- Location Palmer Park Field 6 ( rainout 30175 Sutie B Hwy 72 West, Madison AL 35757)
The Madison Softball League is excited to announce that we are continuing the pitching and catching programs.
The main goal of these programs are to provide proper pitching and catching instruction to our girls and also help ease the transition from coach-pitch to player-pitch. The league's board members believe that by investing more in future pitchers and catchers, every girl on the field will benefit. We know that good pitching and catching helps improve hitting, allows fielders to gain much needed experience, and leads to a more exciting and fun game for everyone.
The Madison Softball League, along with the pitching and catching program coaches are happy to invest their time and resources into this endeavor. All we need are a girls (and parents) excited to commit to the position and the league for a season. We would like to begin gathering names of girls who coaches and parents think are good candidates for this program. Most importantly, we are looking for girls that want to pitch and catch! We need girls that are excited to play, willing to learn, and who will practice, practice, practice.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
-The players must be from the senior side of 8U (moving up to 10U in the next season)
-Any players already playing 10U or 12U